Allergy Testing and Treatment
As a board-certified allergist, Dr. Piniella specializes in patients coping with a variety of different allergens including pollens, animal danders, molds, dust, foods, insect venoms, medications and sensitizing chemicals.
Adults and children who suffer from Allergies may be tested for utilizing allergen skin prick testing. This process involves application of allergen-coated plastic points to your skin. Within 15 minutes, evidence of a local skin reaction will determine your allergies. Since there are no needles involved, this procedure is well-tolerated even among young children. It is the recommended approach to evaluate for allergies in patients with Asthma, Food Allergies, skin disorders and nasal allergies.
Many allergy sufferers dislike their reliance on medications or are not achieving adequate symptom relief with medications and allergen avoidance. These patients who desire to reduce their allergic predisposition and want to minimize their reactivity from allergen exposure may be candidates for allergen immunotherapy (allergy shots).
Identification of asthma triggers, and education regarding management and control of asthma symptoms is imperative to develop a coordinated asthma management plan between physician and patient. Asthma evaluation involves skin testing, pulmonary function testing and in depth clinical interview. Followed by a patient specific asthma treatment and action plan.
Dr. Piniella has clinical expertise with other allergy and immunology diseases including:
- Eczema / Atopic Dermatitis
- Hives / Urticaria
- Acute and Chronic Sinusitis
- Allergic Contact Dermatitis
- Immune system problems including antibody deficiencies
- Asthma Evaluation and treatment
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Insect Allergy testing and treatment
- Food Allergy Testing
- Drug Allergy testing
- Contact Dermatitis and treatment
- Urticaria (Hives) diagnosis and treatment
- Allergy Rhinitis (Hayfever)
- Allergic Conjuctivitis
- Nasal Polyps
- Prick/Skin and Intradermal testing for allergy diagnosis
- Immunotherapy (allergy shots)
- Immune Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue